The Media Converter is used to convert electrical Ethernet signals (TX) into optical Ethernet signals (FX).
The optical Ethernet signals are used for operation in hazardous areas of Zone 0, 1, 2 and Class I, II, III Div. 1, 2 with the type of protection op is. Therefore, conventional fiber optic cables can also be used in hazardous areas and may be connected and disconnected during operation (hot swap).
The Media Converter (multi-mode) is suitable for operation of Remote I/O systems IS1+ in Zone 1 and Class I, Div. 1
- For 100 Mbit/s Ethernet with inherently safe "op is" fiber optic in Zone 0, 1 or 2 and Class I, II, III Div.1 or 2
- Range up to 5 km / 3.1 mi (multi-mode) or up to 30 km / 18.6 mi (single-mode)
- Increased temperature range of -30 to +75 °C / -22 ... +158 °F
- Easy commissioning, no configuration required
- Installation in Zone 2 and Class I, Div. 2 or in the safe area