The 9721 unmanaged switch is designed for linking electrical Ethernet networks (TX) and fiber optic (FX) based networks. The fiber optics are used for operation in hazardous areas of Zone 0, 1, 2 and Class I, II, III Div. 1 with the type of protection "Ex op is" (IEC/EN 60079-28). Therefore, conventional fiber optic cables can also be used in hazardous areas and may be connected and disconnected during operation (hot swap). The unmanaged switch has 2 TX ports and 4 FX op is ports. Redundant supply can be provided. Compatible with: Remote I/O IS1+, HMI Series ET/MT-xx6-A-FX and ET/MT-4x8, as well as for IP network cameras.
- For operation of up to four inherently safe optical fiber cables op is according to IEC 60079-28
- For 100 Mbit/s Industrial Ethernet with "op is" fiber optic in Zone 0, 1 or 2 and Class I, II, III Div.1 or 2
- Transmission range up to 5 km / 3.1 mi (multi-mode) or up to 30 km / 18.6 mi (single-mode)
- Extended temperature range -30 ...+70 °C / -22 ... +158 °F
- Redundant supply
- Installation in Zone 2 and Class I, Div. 2 or in the safe area