The grounding monitoring device ensures the electrostatic grounding of road tankers, rail cars and Big Bag (Rev. C) while loading flammable liquids and powder.
The device provides a conductive connection to the ground and monitors in parallel the quality of the electrostatic grounding. This guarantees that the electrostatic charge remains at a safe level and that no explosion hazard is generated by uncontrolled energy discharge.
The following recommendation requires grounding during loading and recommends interrupting loading in case of incorrect grounding:
- CLC/TR 60079-32-1 recommendation for avoiding ignition hazards due to electrostatic charges.
- TRBS 727 rules for avoiding ignition hazards as a result of electrostatic charges.
- Continuous monitoring of correct earthing
- Potential operator errors are prevented thanks to object detection (on truck)
- Water-jet-proof IP65 stainless steel or aluminum enclosure
- Up to four potential-free change-over contacts for signaling
- Ambient temperature -55 °C to +60 °C
- Auxiliary power: 24 V DC – 230 V AC
- Parameterisation when enclosure is closed