The Media Converter is used to convert electrical Ethernet signals (TX) into optical Ethernet signals (FX).
The optical Ethernet signals are used for operation in hazardous areas of Zone 0, 1 and 2 with the type of protection Ex op is.
Therefore, conventional fibre optic cables can also be used in hazardous areas and may be connected and disconnected during operation (hot-swap).
The Media Converter (multi mode) is particularly suitable for operation of Remote I/O systems IS1+ in Zone 1.
- For 100 Mbit/s Ethernet with inherently safe "op is" fibre optic in Zone 0, 1 or 2
- Range up to 5 km (multi-mode) or up to 30 km (single-mode)
- Increased temperature range of -30 to +75 °C
- Easy commissioning, no configuration required
- Installation in Zone 2 or in the safe area