The 9721 unmanaged switch is designed for linking electrical Ethernet networks (TX) and fibre optic (FX) based networks. The fibre optics are used for operation in hazardous areas of Zone 0, 1, 2, 20, 21 and 22 with the type of protection "Ex op is" (IEC/EN 60079-28). Therefore, conventional fibre optic cables can also be used in hazardous areas and may be connected and disconnected during operation (hot-swap). The unmanaged switch has 2 TX ports and 4 FX op is ports. Redundant supply can be provided. Compatible with: Remote I/O IS1+, HMI Series ET/MT-xx6-A-FX and ET/MT-4x8, as well as for IP network cameras.
- For operation of up to four inherently safe fibre optic cables op is according to IEC 60079-28
- For 100 Mbit/s Industrial Ethernet
- Transmission range up to 5 km (multi mode) or up to 30 km (single mode)
- Extended temperature range -30 ...+70 °C
- Redundant supply
- Installation in Zone 2 or in the safe area