480 V circuit breakers
480 V circuit breakers provide reliable conductor protection and system protection in hazardous areas
R. STAHL offers a variety of circuit breakers which in this special version provide outstanding protection against overload and short circuits in 600 V/347 V networks in North America and are designed for specific intended purposes in hazardous areas. With just two enclosure sizes, this series covers all requirements, especially in light distributor networks.
R. STAHL produces various types of circuit breaker, which protect your systems and your personnel against earth faults, overload, short circuits and dangerous shock currents. This special series is designed for rated currents from 15 to 125 A and can safely switch off 10 kA short-circuit currents. The 8568 series of moulded case circuit breakers meets all of the technical requirements for safe and selective switching-off. In the event of a short circuit, the circuit breaker limits the energy in the connected electrical circuits due to its mode of operation which restricts short-circuit current and thanks to its high short-circuit strength. It therefore provides a high degree of protection against back-up fuses tripping. It is used as a main and branch circuit switch in 600 V AC networks for single-phase light distribution in North America. R. STAHL offers 1- and 2-pole versions which are equipped with thermomagnetic protection units. A rated operational voltage of 347 V is available for the 1-pole version and 480 V for the 2-pole version.
- Excellent current limiting in the event of a short circuit, minimal cable load, high selectivity
- Moulded case circuit breaker with short-circuit strength of up to 10 kA
- 347 V AC for 1-pole versions, 480 V AC or 250 V DC for 2-pole versions
- International approvals: ATEX, IECEx, FMus and cFM (USA and Canada)
- Installation in Zone 1 and 2 as well as 21 and 22 when protected by an Ex tb/tc enclosure
- Lockable in the off position