PEC-FS for functional safety management
Processes that have a high hazard potential are often monitored by protective devices that are subject to functional safety. PEC-FS – module for functional safety management – supports you in inspecting the Safety Integrated Function (SIF) according to IEC 61508 and IEC 61511.
PEC-FS will help you prepare a SIL verification for all safety functions. Besides the SIL calculation the module includes the prior use consideration according to NE130, the link to the sensor and actuator list and the application of a test concept. Using our integrated inspection plan generator you will always keep track, even when there is a large number of different inspection plans happening in parallel.
Furthermore PEC-FS defines and executes electric and mechanical inspections and issues standardised inspection protocols for all your tasks. In other words, it helps you document all phases of functional safety from the design stage to the storage of previous protocols – easily and with no clutter.
Your essential advantages of PEC-FS:
1. Inspect Safety Integrated Function (SIF), generate Safety Requirement Specifications (SRS) and calculate your Safety Integrity Level (SIL).
2. Flexible inspection concept.
3. Standardised inspection template.
4. Malfunction data acquisition.
5. Improved data quality due to a central management of data.
6. Mobile data availability.
7. Expert advice, on-site support and seminars.
8. Save money, considering the expenses for planning, executing and documenting the inspections can be reduced.
In addition to PEC-FS the PEC modules for explosion protection and for safety and quality assurance help you to keep your industrial plant safe.
In addition to explosion protection, functional safety SIL is an important safety aspect in plants. Learn more about SIL on the following page.