Class I, DIVISION 2 REMOTE I/O
IS1+ REMOTE I/O FOR DIVISION 2
With IS1+ Remote I/O solution, the installation is easy and simple. The protection relies on each component, and because of that, the enclosure is needed only to provide environmental protection. Our Class I, II, Division 2 & Zone 2 solution is installed in a NEMA 4X enclosure.
IS1+ communication module offer all major protocols on the same hardware. Ethernet I/P, ProfiNET, Modbus TCP and Profibus DP. Redundant and ring topology options are also possible for some communication protocols.
The communication module and power module can handle up to 16 I/O modules. Our power module is fed by 24 V DC via accepted Division 2 wiring methods. Our communication is done via CAT5 (for Ethernet based protocols) or RS485 cables (for serial protocols).
Our I/O modules offer a variety of signal types, all rated for hazardous areas. From intrinsically safe built-in barriers to explosionproof and non-incendive signals. If using pneumatic devices, our digital output module with built-in solenoid valves provides you with a compact and cost effective solution.
All I/O modules can be removed from the bus rail during normal operation while the system is energized. This can be achieved due to the innovative approach IS1+ uses on the power bus rail. Non-incendive modules have additional steps before hot swap on hazardous locations.
- Class I, Division 2 and Zone 2 multiprotocol gateway, protocol adjustable by a selector switch on the base
- Innovative proactive diagnostics provide an early warning of failures by means of a blue LED and alert alarms as per NAMUR NE107
- Redundant power & gateway modules optional
- Wide temperature range (-40 to 167 °F)
- Installation in a NEMA 4X enclosure
- Mixture of I/O modules for non-incendive, intrinsically safe and pneumatic signals
- Multifunctional I/O modules for input/output signals
- 8-channel modules for pneumatics or explosionproof valves