Small in size.
Big on protection.
Intrinsically Safe Isolators and Barriers
In hazardous areas, there are a range of protective measures to prevent the formation and ignition of an explosive atmosphere. The intrinsic safety type of protection plays an important role in instrumentation, mainly in Class I, Division 1 areas. Intrinsic safety requires us to consider the entire electrical circuit, which consists of a current/voltage source (I.S. barrier), consumers (instrument) and connecting cables. This means that in order to use intrinsically safe field devices such as sensors, transmitters or valves, intrinsically safe barriers are always required. These barriers create a failsafe limit for the amount of energy within the electrical circuit so that no ignitable spark or thermal sources of ignition can be created. The intrinsic safety type of protection significantly simplifies the installation, handling and maintenance of field devices, as these activities can be performed during ongoing operation in hazardous locations.
ISPac GALVANIC ISOLATORS
A high-quality isolated barrier needs to be multi-talented. It has to provide reliable intrinsic safety isolation, precisely transmit signals and accurately display error messages. They also need to be long-lasting and easy to install. They must therefore be suitable for a number of applications in hazardous areas. R. STAHL's ISPac isolator range is easy to use and boasts an impressive range of functions and a long service life. See for yourself!
ISPac: The best approach
- Compact: 1/2 in. (12.5 mm) wide, even on dual channel modules.
- Rated for installation in Class I, Div. 2 and Zone 2*.
- Time-saving system by wiring via pac-Bus.
- pac-Carier Motherboard system available using selected FTB cabling.
- Broad range of applications: such as AI, AO, DI, DO, UT, Frequency converter, Splitter, and more.
- Vertical and horizontal installation position.
- Up to SIL 3.
- Multiplexer solution available for easy integration.
- Wide range of certificates covering FM, UL, CSA, ATEX, IECEx, INMETRO and more.
* Only DC power isolators
INTRISPAK ZENER BARRIERS
The best Zener barriers offer an incredible long service life, are extremely compact, and have the right combination of operating and safety parameters, even for I.S. field devices such as strain gauge, 5-12 V DC sensors or high frequency instruments. R. STAHL's Zener barriers can do it all. The replaceable fuse extends the life of a Zener barrier significantly, as this is the components more typical to fail due to operator errors. With a height of less than 3 inches, it is the smallest Zener barrier on the market. Finally, R. STAHL has the right Zener barrier for you, choose from our 70+ Zener barrier portfolio or use our application guide.
INTRINSPAK: A unique solution
- Compact: 1/2 in. (12.5 mm) wide and only 3 in. (76 mm) tall.
- All Zeners use the same replaceable fuse.
- Rated for installation in Class I, Div. 2 and Zone 2.
- More than 70 Zener barriers to choose from.
- Standar solutions for load cells and strain gauges.
- Perfect to handle frequencies for up to 100 kHz.
- Triple grounding point for customer flexibility.
- Stand off accessory for ground management.